Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

Abs light and red brake light on. Pulling code C0265. Very

Customer Question
Abs light and red brake...
Abs light and red brake light on . Pulling code C0265. Very intermittent . If I cycle the ignition on and off the lights go away. Please advise. 1999 Chevrolet Silverado 5.7
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chevy
11/11/2016
Chevy Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 1 year ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience: Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air Conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

hey how are you

The DTC C0265

I have sent you the circuit diagrams and steps to determine what is causing it

several possibilities

Please review below direction & diagrams linsk ,just press on the link it will open up for you

CIRCUIT DESCRIPTION The pump motor relay supplies power to all six solenoid coils (three isolation solenoid coils and three dump solenoid coils) and the pump motor when the ABS is required. The relay and the six solenoid coils are located within the EBCM. CONDITIONS FOR SETTING THE DTC (C0265) ^ The EBCM microprocessor commands the relay on ^ Low voltage exists on all six solenoid driver circuits when high voltage is expected (the solenoid is not energized) CONDITIONS FOR SETTING THE DTC (C0266) ^ The ABS bulb check is complete ^ High voltage exists on the pump motor driver circuit when all are expected to be low (the relay is not commanded on) ACTION TAKEN WHEN THE DTC SETS ^ The ABS indicator lamp turns on ^ The ABS disables DTCs C0265 and C0266 are Ignition Latched DTCs, which indicates that the above actions remain true until the ignition is turned to OFF (even if the cause of the DTC is intermittent). DTC C0265 is DRIP critical and C0266 is DRIP non-critical. DRP is only disabled and the BRAKE indicator lamp will only light when DTC C0265 is set. For a detailed explanation of malfunction responses, refer to Self-Diagnostics. CONDITIONS FOR CLEARING THE DTC ^ Repair the conditions responsible for setting the DTC ^ Use the Scan Tool Clear DTCs function DIAGNOSTIC AIDS (DTC C0265) DTC C0265 usually sets because of an open relay coil or non-closable relay contacts. The relay is located within the EBCM. The relay is not serviceable. If the test does not repair the DTC, then replace the EBCM. If DTC C0265 appears with other DTCs repair the other DTCs first. Clear all DTCs. Then run three function tests with the Scan Tool. Refer to this diagnostic chart if DTC C0265 resets. DIAGNOSTIC AIDS (DTC C0266) DTC C0266 usually sets when the relay contacts are stuck closed. The relay is located within the EBCM. The relay is not serviceable. If the test does not repair the DTC, then replace the EBCM. TEST DESCRIPTION The numbers below refer to the steps in the diagnostic table: 3. This step determines the resistance of the power ground circuit. 4. This step determines the battery voltage available to the EBCM. 7. This step determines the resistance of the signal ground circuit. 8. This step determines the ignition voltage available to the EBCM.

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue
A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated
Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.
you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue
(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)
Thank You
Chad Farhat

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Please open this thread back up to TECHNICIAN RON. He usually has personal knowledge of Chevy issues. Thanks.

ok no problem i will opt out for you

good luck

Chad

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Please close thread
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat