GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Someone backed into it, and it must have been really hard,

Customer Question

Someone backed into it, and it must have been really hard, because it dislodged the driver's side headlamp. They didn't leave a note, so I have to file a collision claim anyways. I received 1 estimate that I know is high (I work for State Farm), so I wanted to get another one today. Well last night while I was driving home, the other headlight went out! This will be the 3rd bulb replacement on the same headlight in a year since I bought it used.
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 07 Chevy Equinox LS AWD
JA: Are you fixing your Equinox yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have bulbs for the passenger side headlamp and I will need to change it myself so I can see the rd and drop off at body shop.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The grill is damaged and there is a whirring sound occasionally. But the dealership said it wasn't any cause for concern.
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: The cooling fan.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Are you asking on how the bulb itself is replaced on this model here?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
On the Driver's side, the headlamp is displaced and as the body shop guy at the Chevy dealership put it, its "broken" and needs to be replaced. I can see that. But then a week after the fact, the other headlight went out. I need to replace one of them so I can see at night when dropping my car off. Will pictures help you?
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

I have pictures of the head light itself and removal and replacement info.Are you wanting info though on how to replace just the bulb so you can see at night or the entire head light assembly?