Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Neal, I am working on an 04 chevy duramax(non cali

Customer Question

Neal, I am working on an 04 chevy duramax(non cali emissions) and have been following the diagnostics on this thread about the 05 duramax. When I probe my ground circuit of the wiring harness that attaches to the glow plug controller, my resistance is below 1 ohm for about 2 seconds and then it jumps up above the specified value by about 50 ohms. should it stay under 1 ohm no matter how long it is being tested? Also, the pink wire(#5, ignition voltage, is not hot when I prove it with key on. I have checked wiring diagram and it says that circuit comes from the "fuel heater"(15amp) fuse. That fuse is not blown so I am not sure if I should be looking at my ground circuit wiring or ignition voltage wire first?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 10 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner past midnight.

What concern are you trying to address on the vehicle?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
04 Chevy 3500 Silverado 6.6 dieselI have a code for a glow plug issue. I'm not sure what the code number is ***** I had my truck in the shop for a different issue and they mentioned to me in passing that there was a code related to the glow plugs not working.I have begun to diagnose the issue by testing the glow plug controller and my original question was posted to a thread of where "Neal" had answered a gentlemans question that was exactly my issue. I have tested the main power feed to the controller and I do have voltage.From here my original question should make more sense if you are able to look at a wiring diagram. Thanks!

I do have all the wire diagrams if that would be of any help.

If I post all the glow plug codes, could you pick out which you had?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I would not be able to. My code reader needs to be updated so that I can read codes and I cannot do that until Monday. I also will not be working on the truck until Monday if we want to wait until then to continue diagnosis.

Monday is fine with me. I would hate to post a semi answer now.

Hello again Chris here,

Just trying to stay in contact.