Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Chevy Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Chevy Diagnostics
18617752

Juts got the truck and the instrument cluster is not working

Customer Question

Juts got the truck and the instrument cluster is not working is there an easy fix or do I need to perches a new cluster?
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: 2003 Silverado LT Z-71 package
JA: Are you fixing your Silverado yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Do not have the truck in my possession yet bought it through a dealer auction have to go and pick it just need to know where to start at trying to fix it
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: II have not put my hands on the truck I need to drive 150 miles to get it and that will not be until next week some time just want to see what I could do when I go and get it
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That should do for now
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 10 months ago.

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer. Thanks for coming! I'm Ron and I'll be working with you on your question today. Please give me a moment to review your question and prepare your answer. Be right back...

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 10 months ago.

Thanks for holding!

This was actually a known problem. GM "had" a Special Coverage Adjustment on this for a while that would replace the cluster for Free up until a certain mileage/time. Unfortunately, that coverage has since been cancelled. SO, inspect the wiring for any signs of loose, broken or rubbed through wires. If the visual inspection checks ok, the cluster will need to be replaced. Please remember to leave a rating using the 'stars' or click 'Accept'. A 5-star rating is much appreciated! Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 10 months ago.

Hi! I noticed this thread was still open, so I wanted to check in and see if there was anything else I could do for you on this issue? Any other questions you had? Was there something you wanted addressed that I may have missed in my answer? Did you find my answer helpful?

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 10 months ago.

..