Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Auto Technician
94707146

Have a 2005 Chevy Tahoe the 4 wheel service light is on the

Customer Question

Have a 2005 Chevy Tahoe the 4 wheel service light is on the indicator light showing in*****reverse comes on the top front one binks When you turn the key all the lindacator lights come on Then goes off except the two
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dan replied 11 months ago.

Hello my name is***** am an ASE Master Technician and I am glad to help you with your question.

Expert:  Dan replied 11 months ago.

You need a scan tool to check for codes in the transfer case system. A common problem is the switch itself. Not all code readers will be able to scan this code. You need a high end shop quality scanner to get these codes. I have also seen problems with the shift actuator on the transfer case to cause this problem.

Expert:  Dan replied 11 months ago.

Please reply to this if you need more help and we can continue this conversation at no extra charge. This does not have to be my only answer. If you are satisfied with my service, please rate at the top of the screen. Rating does not close out your question. Remember, sometimes it is difficult to completely diagnose your vehicle without being there, but I will try to give you the best answer I can. Hoping to be giving you 5 star service.

Thanks