Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air Conditioning systems
45790705

No start, 5.3 silverado Yes, 05, Yes Replaced fuel pump, It

Customer Question

No start
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: 5.3 silverado Yes
JA: What year is your Silverado?
Customer: 05
JA: Are you fixing your Silverado yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes Replaced fuel pump
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: It is not firing
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 11 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

hey how are you

1- so we have fuel pressure but no spark from ignition coils ?

2- is there power & ground at the coils ?

3-I sent you the wiring circuit for your engine just click on the blue link it will open up the circuit

4-there should be 12 volts one wire and ground from PCM, what are you missing

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I'm going to take a look but I'm no electrician. 3 times in a two day period the truck quit while driving down the road. It was like it was stalling but only for a second. The third day the truck quit. It would crank but not start. 200k miles. Thanks.

you welcome

also do a wiggle test on the harness have somebody cranking to start and you move the harness while they start it especial at the coil & injector areas.

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat