Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

My 6 button power module don't work and I'm lost I don't

Customer Question

My 6 button power module don't work and I'm lost I don't know what is wrong
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: It doesn't work at all
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 2004 Chevy trailblazer
JA: Are you fixing your Trailblazer yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes..I looked at the relays..took the door apart..check the wires for continuity..there was in the wires..but then a few days after that stop working my Dom light won't go on when I open my drivers door but goes on when any other door is opened..and now I was going threw my Hanes book and it was talking about a dim fuse took that out it was blown put another fuse in it and tried my windows and it still doesn't work
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: And now my radio doesn't stay on after you shut off the truck like it use to..I'm just wondering is there any other fuse I should be checking..I'm just lost I don't know what to do
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 9 months ago.

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.Ask me about added features such as phone contact anytime if you wish !

Expert:  Gary replied 9 months ago.

from the sounds of it basically the drivers door electrically is dead and the drivers door does not tell the truck when its open or not for those other things to turn on and off when you open and close the door

can you unplug the 4 wire connector at the window switch assembly with the truck ON does the orange show 12 volts and the black show a good ground ?

Expert:  Gary replied 9 months ago.

how are you making out ?

dont forget to rate us here

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I used a continuity tester and all the wires tested good.
Expert:  Gary replied 9 months ago.

if it has 12 volts and a good ground then the switch assembly is bad

dont forget to rate us here