Super Mechanic
Super Mechanic, Master technician
Experience:  29 yrs. exp., ASE master, cert. in G.M. electrical, a/c, susspension, brakes, electronic steering
2947720

My 1986 corvettes headlight door only flips on ocaition. I

Customer Question

My 1986 corvettes headlight door only flips on ocaition. I have changed the motor on it . But it sill does it. There is power going to it because you see it move when you turn on the lights.do you have any suggestions?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Super Mechanic replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I am reviewing your question and will reply shortly, thanks.

Is it only one headlight that is giving you the problem?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Just the left side

I see, thanks. That could very well be the relay, (left side) if the motor is new. Sometimes the headlight motor will not get enough voltage to it, (bad contacts in the relay) and it may bounce a little but not open all the way.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating. Thanks.