Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

My air condenser is acting up and i want to know how to

Customer Question
change it or the best...
my air condenser is acting up and i want to know how to change it or the best way to change it'
JA: Have you checked for vacuum at the control head?
Customer: honestly im new to this so where is that located at sir
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 07 implala
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes on my own. and i took it to my neighbors who works on cars. but i didnt wanna bug him to much about it. but i know last night when i tried to turn my defrost on it felt like my hole car died. like could even turn into my driveway until i restarted my car
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no but will i be charged for you connecting him to me
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chevy
10/22/2016
Chevy Mechanic: Super Mechanic, Master technician replied 1 year ago
Super Mechanic
Super Mechanic, Master technician

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I am reviewing your question and will reply shortly, thanks.

Does the compressor come on when the AC is selected?

Does the AC get cold?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It was cold when it worked. I can't even run my defrost with out squcky belt and I weird sound. And the other night I turned it on just to see what would happen and it was like my car died. Like my power steering went out or like th car totally shut off.

I see, thanks.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating. Thanks.

It sounds like the AC compressor is locking up. When the defrost is selected the AC compressor comes on and with it locking up the belt will squeal and the engine will have trouble turning, most times shutting the engine off at lower RPM's or at idle.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Okay I got another question for ya. When I start my car it makes this loud clicking sounds and then you can hear it like wind down. But I can turn it on normal right after that. Is it a bad starter? Because I just put a brand new one on there and a while after that is when it started acting up

Normally we get paid for the original answer(s) before any follow ups, but that is not related to the original post and we are not allowed to answer questions in other areas, sorry. Thanks

I have the instructions in a PDF format, at the following link. You can copy and paste it into a new browser and rate the answer on this page.

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zpss00nn8wfebxq/AIR%20CONDITIONING%20COMPRESSOR%20REPLACEMENT.pdf?dl=0

Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, . EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION ****THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID **** Thanks

Did you get that?

Super Mechanic
Super Mechanic
Super Mechanic, Master technician