Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

Rear wiper was not working so tried to replace the wiper

Customer Question
motor but in doing so...
rear wiper was not working so tried to replace the wiper motor but in doing so i shorted out a black wire and now i have big problem van wont start
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Do you know if there is power to the wiper motor?
Customer: no power to wiper motor
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: chevy uplander 2006
JA: Are you fixing your Uplander yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes im trying to fix myself and in doing so i shorted a black wire out under the dash
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: now the van wont start and there no power anywhere
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chevy
10/21/2016
Chevy Mechanic: Dan, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Dan, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is***** am an ASE Master Technician and I am glad to help you with your question.

Check all fuses, especially under the hood. Check to main fuse as well. You have a blown fuse just a matter of finding it.

Please reply to this if you need more help and we can continue this conversation at no extra charge. This does not have to be my only answer. If you are satisfied with my service, please rate at the top of the screen. Rating does not close out your question. Remember, sometimes it is difficult to completely diagnose your vehicle without being there, but I will try to give you the best answer I can. Hoping to be giving you 5 star service.

Thanks

Dan, ASE Certified Technician