Steve
Steve, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ase master tech over 25 years
13523613

I have a 2008 chevy avalanche and i am trying to use the

Customer Question

i have a 2008 chevy avalanche and i am trying to use the buttons to open my 2013 chamberlain myq garage door opener hd930dev so i dont need the remote that came with it. I have tried many methods to connect but no of them work. How can I get this to work without getting a new car or opener?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 9 months ago.

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer. Thanks for coming! I'm Ron Z and I'll be helping you with your question today. Please give me a moment to review your question and prepare your answer. Be right back...

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 9 months ago.

Thanks for holding!

I have a procedure to program the garage door opener that you can try. I've wrapped it into a PDF file for easier viewing/printing. Download the PDF file here: https://goo.gl/ZXoDp1

Please remember to leave a rating using the 'stars' or click 'Accept'. A 5-star rating is much appreciated! Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
it didnt work. 3 lights by each button just flashed rapidly after about 40 seconds but button is not programmmed. any other ideas?
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 9 months ago.

My apologies for the delay... I was Offline when your reply came though...

Unfortunately, this was the only programming procedure I could find for this vehicle. I will opt-out and re-open your question to other Techs. Maybe someone has a different method you can try!

Expert:  Steve replied 9 months ago.

Sorry the other expert could not help you. try this link and let me know if it works for you.

http://www.gsoverheadsystems.com/programming_homelink%20GM.pdf

You do need to figure out if you have a rolling code transmitter or not. Most newer door openers since 1990 are rolling code transmitters.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
i tried this one as well without luck. i don't think I have a homelink since my 3 buttons each have an indicator light nor do I have the house icon on the middle button. my avalanche is 2008 and my 2013 garage is definitely rolling code.
Expert:  Steve replied 9 months ago.

That is very possible your Avalanche does not have that option

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It worked at my previous home with a rolling garage code