Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

Ignition switch. which part is it exactly that i need. do i

Customer Question
need the keyed part of...
ignition switch. which part is it exactly that i need. do i need the keyed part of it or the ignition part?
JA: Has the car been stalling out?
Customer: yes. will not start now.
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 2002 malibu Ls
JA: Are you fixing your Malibu yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Myself. Have not tried dynamite as yet.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just need to know what part it is that i need
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chevy
10/15/2016
Chevy Mechanic: EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician

Hi. You have no problem with the key going into the ignition or turning once in the ignition?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no problem

Ok. You just need the electrical portion of the ignition switch. Not the key cylinder. Once the whole setup is accessable, the key cylinder removes from the ignition switch and gets installed onto the new one.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK. That's great. thank you.

Your welcome. THank you and please rate my assistance.

Thanks for using Just Answer and please rate the assistance provided. After rating, the questions stays open for any follow up questions you may have. Thank you.

EricFromCT
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician