GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

1985 chevrolet celebrity 2.8FI V6 the fan works all the time

Customer Question

1985 chevrolet celebrity 2.8FI V6 the fan works all the time (new temperature sensor)
(new fan control relay) (new fan control switch A/C pressure) (new computer)
(wired ground was checked ok)
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Super Mechanic replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I am reviewing your question and will reply shortly, thanks.

With the engine cold and coolant fan relay unplugged, what is the voltage at the green/white wire to the relay?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
helo jerry Leave my car in mexico I`m in San Antonio Texas curing me cancer can wait for me to return and answer your questions
I would like to stay in touch with you (GRN/WHT cable connects to D2 Computer) I want you to help me with my problem will be possible to reach you in a month (it will be possible to give me your phone)

Yes, that wire does go to the D2 on the ECM. You will want to see if the GRN/WHT is grounding out somewhere. You can log back on anytime you are ready, just don't worry and get yourself well and we can get the car fixed.

A phone call would not be in your best interest. I am not able to draw diagrams or give instructions over the phone. Thanks

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Jerry: you sent me the message with the engine cold and coolant fan relay unplugged whats is the voltage at the grn/wht wire
This check is with the engine running or with the key on

Either running or key on, just to see if it is shorted to ground, thanks

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Jerry: the cable has not short to ground already changed guaranteed (I start the engine and run the fan disconnect the grn/wht wire and fan stops it has new computer

That would have to be a bad ECM, (fan control circuit shorted internally), if the fan control switch, (AC pressure) is good. It seems that you have replaced that as well.