Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a persistant leak on the drivers side. We did the

Customer Question

I have a persistant leak on the drivers side. We did the water test to see where is was coming in from, it leaks right behind the hood latch. Replaced the stripping in the panel above the door and siliconed. Its still leaking
JA: What part of the car is the leak coming from? And are you sure it's water?
Customer: yes I am sure its water. Parked it outside last night when it was raining and theres a 3-4 inch puddle in the drivers side. The water comes in below the hood latch and runs onto the floor
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 2008 Equinox LT
JA: Are you fixing your Equinox yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: My dad who is a mechanic and me. At first we thought it was the weather stripping in the little panel right above the door. We replaced that and siliconed. Its still leaking. Replaced the clips in the windshield and its still leaking
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: We poured water above the door and windshield to see what caused the water to come in. We’ve repaired everything that was obvious
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 11 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner past midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • I can help with this question.
  • Reply and let me know when your able to work on this concern.
  • You said hood latch I assume you meant hood hinge. Have you water tested the windshield?

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer.
  • I have not heard back from you, so I assume you were not pleased. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris