Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Auto Mech / Electronics
Experience:  Chevrolet Cert., Heavy Line Mech, Race Shop Owner, Mobile Electronics.
1609972

Will removing the seat in a 2010 ltz suburban make the air

Customer Question

Will removing the seat in a 2010 ltz suburban make the air bags go off?
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The passenger side power seat won't go up or down. I think it's the switch because the other seat buttons work. For now, I just want to manually adjust the seat but I'm afraid taking the cushion off will make the air bags engage. Can you help me manually adjust it without screwing with the airbags?
Expert:  Don - Mo Lurch replied 1 year ago.

Disconnect the Negative Battery Cable & wait at least "1" Minute, prior to Seat Disconnect & Removal
There is no GM procedure to "manually Adjust Electric Seats
You will need to remove Seat & check which Motor is not activating by connecting Seat & looking underneath