Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air Conditioning systems
45790705

I´VE THIS CODE ABOUT MY CHEVY TRAIL BLAZER 2005 5.3 VORTEC,

Customer Question

HI I´VE THIS CODE ABOUT MY CHEVY TRAIL BLAZER 2005 5.3 VORTEC
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: P0327 P0443 P0341 P0689 P1682 P2176
JA: Are you fixing your Blazer yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I´M FROM BOLIVIA
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: HERE WE DONT HAVE A DEALER
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 9 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
ok

Hey how are you man

DTC P0327 CIRCUIT DESCRIPTION The knock sensor (KS) system enables the engine control module (ECM) to control the ignition timing for the best possible performance while protecting the engine from potentially damaging levels of detonation. The ECM monitors two separate KS, one on each side of the engine block. Each KS produces an AC voltage signal that varies with different engine speeds and loads. The ECM adjusts the spark timing based on the amplitude and the frequency of the KS signal. The ECM receives the KS signal through a signal circuit. The KS ground is supplied by the ECM through a low reference circuit. The ECM uses the KS signal to calculate the average voltage, then assign a voltage range value. The ECM will then monitor for a normal KS signal within the assigned voltage range. If the ECM detects a KS signal outside of the assigned voltage range, or the KS signal is not present, this DTC will set. DTC P0327 refers to KS 2. DTC DESCRIPTORs This diagnostic procedure supports the following DTCs: - DTC P0327 Knock Sensor (KS) 1 Circuit Low Frequency - DTC P0332 Knock Sensor (KS) 2 Circuit Low Frequency CONDITIONS FOR RUNNING THE DTC - The engine run time is more than 10 seconds. - The engine speed is greater than 1,000 RPM. - DTC P0327 and P0332 runs continuously when the above conditions are met. CONDITIONS FOR SETTING THE DTC The KS signal is outside of the assigned voltage range, or the signal is not present for 100 milliseconds. ACTION TAKEN WHEN THE DTC SETS - The control module illuminates the malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) on the second consecutive ignition cycle that the diagnostic runs and fails. - The control module records the operating conditions at the time the diagnostic fails. The first time the diagnostic fails, the control module stores this information in the Failure Records. If the diagnostic reports a failure on the second consecutive ignition cycle, the control module records the operating conditions at the time of failure. The control module writes the operating conditions to the Freeze Frame and updates the Failure Records. CONDITIONS FOR CLEARING THE MIL/DTC - The control module turns OFF the MIL after 3 consecutive ignition cycles that the diagnostic runs and does not fail. - A current DTC last test failed clears when the diagnostic runs and passes. - A history DTC clears after 40 consecutive warm-up cycles if no failures are reported by this or any other emission related diagnostic. - Clear the MIL and the DTC with a scan tool. DIAGNOSTIC AIDS - Inspect the KS for physical damage. A KS that is dropped or damaged may cause a DTC to set. - Inspect the KS for proper installation. A KS that is loose or over torqued may cause a DTC to set. The KS and the KS fastener should be free of thread sealant. The KS mounting surface must be free of burrs, casting flash, and foreign material. - The KS should be clear of hoses, brackets, and engine electrical wiring.

DTC P0341 CIRCUIT DESCRIPTION The camshaft position (CMP) sensor works in conjunction with the 1X reluctor trigger wheel on the front of the camshaft gear. The engine control module (ECM) provides a 12-volt reference to the CMP sensor, as well as a low reference, and a signal circuit. As the camshaft gear rotates, the reluctor trigger wheel interrupts a magnetic field produced by a magnet within the sensor. The CMP sensor internal circuitry detects this interruption of the magnetic field and produces a signal, which the ECM reads. The 1X signal produced by the CMP sensor is used by the ECM to determine if the cylinder at the top dead center (TDC) is on the firing stroke or the exhaust stroke. The ECM can determine TDC for all cylinders by using the crankshaft position (CKP) sensor 24X signal. The engine will start without a CMP sensor signal as long as the ECM receives the CKP sensor 24X signal. If the 1X signal is not received by the ECM, a slightly longer cranking time may be experienced. The ECM will attempt synchronization and looks for an increase in engine speed, indicating that the engine is running. If the ECM does not detect an increase in engine speed, the ECM assumes that it incorrectly synchronized to the exhaust stroke, and then will synchronize to the opposite cam position. If the ECM detects that the ratio of the CMP sensor to CKP sensor trigger pulses are missing or incorrect, DTC P0341 will set. DTC DESCRIPTOR This diagnostic procedure supports the following DTC: DTC P0341 Camshaft Position (CMP) Sensor Performance CONDITIONS FOR RUNNING THE DTC - The engine is cranking, or the engine is running. - DTCs P0335, P0336, and P0340 are not set. - DTC P0341 runs continuously when the above conditions are met. CONDITIONS FOR SETTING THE DTC The ECM detects a missing or a noisy CMP sensor signal for 100 engine cycles. ACTION TAKEN WHEN THE DTC SETS - The control module illuminates the malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) when the diagnostic runs and fails. - The control module records the operating conditions at the time the diagnostic fails. The control module stores the information in the Freeze Frame/Failure Records. CONDITIONS FOR CLEARING THE MIL/DTC - The control module turns OFF the MIL after 3 consecutive ignition cycles that the diagnostic runs and does not fail. - A current DTC last test failed clears when the diagnostic runs and passes. - A history DTC clears after 40 consecutive warm-up cycles if no failures are reported by this or any other emission related diagnostic.

The numbers below refer to the step numbers on the diagnostic table. 4. This step inspects for electromagnetic interference (EMI) on the CMP circuits. 7. Damage to the face of the sensor could indicate material passing between the CMP sensor and the reluctor wheel. This condition could cause this DTC to set. Damage to the reluctor wheel would affect the CMP sensor output signal.

DTC P0443 CIRCUIT DESCRIPTION An ignition voltage is supplied directly to the evaporative emission (EVAP) canister purge solenoid valve. The EVAP canister purge solenoid valve is pulse width modulated (PWM). The scan tool displays the amount of ON time as a percentage. The control module monitors the status of the driver. The control module controls the EVAP canister purge solenoid valve ON time by grounding the control circuit via an internal switch called a driver. If the control module detects an incorrect voltage for the commanded state of the driver, this DTC sets. DTC DESCRIPTOR This diagnostic procedure supports the following DTC: DTC P0443 Evaporative Emission (EVAP) Purge Solenoid Control Circuit CONDITIONS FOR RUNNING THE DTC - The system voltage is between 10-18 volts. - DTC P0443 runs continuously once the above conditions are met. CONDITIONS FOR SETTING THE DTC - The control module detects that the commanded state of the driver and the actual state of the control circuit do not match. - The above conditions are present for a minimum of 5 seconds. ACTION TAKEN WHEN THE DTC SETS - The control module illuminates the malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) on the second consecutive ignition cycle that the diagnostic runs and fails. - The control module records the operating conditions at the time the diagnostic fails. The first time the diagnostic fails, the control module stores this information in the Failure Records. If the diagnostic reports a failure on the second consecutive ignition cycle, the control module records the operating conditions at the time of the failure. The control module writes the operating conditions to the Freeze Frame and updates the Failure Records. CONDITIONS FOR CLEARING THE MIL/DTC - The control module turns OFF the malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) after 3 consecutive ignition cycles that the diagnostic runs and does not fail. - A current DTC, Last Test Failed, clears when the diagnostic runs and passes. - A history DTC clears after 40 consecutive warm-up cycles, if no failures are reported by this or any other emission related diagnostic. - Clear the MIL and the DTC with a scan tool.

hey are you still there

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

what is the mileage

how is the vehicle running now ?

battery checked for 12 volts ?

alternator checked for 14 volts with loads on , ac radio, headlight flasher etc..?

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

DTC P0443 CIRCUIT DESCRIPTION An ignition voltage is supplied directly to the evaporative emission (EVAP) canister purge solenoid valve. The EVAP canister purge solenoid valve is pulse width modulated (PWM). The scan tool displays the amount of ON time as a percentage. The control module monitors the status of the driver. The control module controls the EVAP canister purge solenoid valve ON time by grounding the control circuit via an internal switch called a driver. If the control module detects an incorrect voltage for the commanded state of the driver, this DTC sets. DTC DESCRIPTOR This diagnostic procedure supports the following DTC: DTC P0443 Evaporative Emission (EVAP) Purge Solenoid Control Circuit CONDITIONS FOR RUNNING THE DTC - The system voltage is between 10-18 volts. - DTC P0443 runs continuously once the above conditions are met. CONDITIONS FOR SETTING THE DTC - The control module detects that the commanded state of the driver and the actual state of the control circuit do not match. - The above conditions are present for a minimum of 5 seconds. ACTION TAKEN WHEN THE DTC SETS - The control module illuminates the malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) on the second consecutive ignition cycle that the diagnostic runs and fails. - The control module records the operating conditions at the time the diagnostic fails. The first time the diagnostic fails, the control module stores this information in the Failure Records. If the diagnostic reports a failure on the second consecutive ignition cycle, the control module records the operating conditions at the time of the failure. The control module writes the operating conditions to the Freeze Frame and updates the Failure Records. CONDITIONS FOR CLEARING THE MIL/DTC - The control module turns OFF the malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) after 3 consecutive ignition cycles that the diagnostic runs and does not fail. - A current DTC, Last Test Failed, clears when the diagnostic runs and passes. - A history DTC clears after 40 consecutive warm-up cycles, if no failures are reported by this or any other emission related diagnostic. - Clear the MIL and the DTC with a scan tool. TEST DESCRIPTION

The numbers below refer to the step numbers on the diagnostic table. 2. This step tests if the concern is active. The EVAP canister purge solenoid valve is PWM. You should hear a clicking sound when the EVAP canister purge solenoid valve is commanded to 50 percent. The clicking sound should stop when the EVAP canister purge solenoid valve is commanded to 0 percent. The rate at which the valve cycles should increase when the commanded state is increased, and decrease when the commanded state is decreased. 5. This step verifies that the control module is providing ground to the EVAP canister purge solenoid valve. 6. This step tests if a ground is constantly being applied to the EVAP canister purge solenoid valve.

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Apreciatted

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat
ASE Certfied Technician