Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I have a 2005 Chevy Silverado 1500 4.8L. Where the wires

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Chevy Silverado 1500 4.8L. Where the wires connect at the bottom of the cooling fan relay box is all corroded. Does anyone know where I can get a new relay box, or how to by pass it so the engine light will stay off?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Eric replied 10 months ago.

HI,

No one makes an aftermarket relay box for this, so you would need either have one ordered from the dealership or look for one at your local salvage yards.

Because how the relays work in conjunction with the ECM, ECT sensor, and AC pressure sensors, you cannot simply bypass these relays or the relay box and just tie them together.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Can I delete the electric fans and put a clutch fan in it. Or is there no way to delete the sensor that turns the engine light on?
Expert:  Eric replied 10 months ago.

HI,

If the signal is missing due to deleting the electric fan and going with a fan clutch, the check engine light will stay on due to a fault code for no signal voltage. Also, it will cause a signal to be sent to the ect sensor and ac pressure sensors and will prevent the ac clutch from kicking in when ac is selected.

Expert:  Eric replied 10 months ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.