Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

My corvette idles rough and has the smell of gas fumes in

Customer Question
the smoke that comes out...
my corvette idles rough and has the smell of gas fumes in the smoke that comes out the tail pipes
JA: Is the rough idle intermittent or consistent?
Customer: consistent
JA: What year is your Corvette?
Customer: 1989
JA: Are you fixing your Corvette yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing yet i was thinking of a tune up it was sitting in my dads garage for a fwe years
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: it was running fine untill a few weeks ago and i started it one day and it started to run rough
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chevy
10/11/2016
Chevy Mechanic: Lou P., ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

how much fuel was left in the tank when it was stored?

GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician