Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

07chevy cobolt tractioncontrol and powersteering light on

Customer Question

07chevy cobolt tractioncontrol and powersteering light on codepo1682
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

This code sets when voltage between the two throttle actuator controls is different then what it should be.In allot of cases all that is needed is to have the carbon cleaned from the throttle body bore and bore plate using a shop rag with carburetor cleaner or brake cleaner sprayed on the rag to wipe out the throttle body.I would have this done first if this has not been done to see if this resolves the issue here.This fault will cause these lights to come on.

If this is o.k. then the wiring needs checked leading to the throttle body for any issues with breaks or damage needing repaired or replaced.If this is o.k. this can lead to a fault internally in the ECM/PCM with it needing replaced.Below is the complete info on this code and diagnostic procedure to locate the fault.

DTC P1682

CIRCUIT DESCRIPTION
The throttle actuator control (TAC) system uses an ignition voltage supply separate from the engine control module (ECM) supply. If the ECM detects a voltage difference between the two circuits, this DTC will set.

DTC DESCRIPTOR
This diagnostic procedure supports the following DTC:
DTC P1682 Ignition 1 Switch Circuit 2

CONDITIONS FOR RUNNING THE DTC
- The ignition is ON.
- DTC P1682 runs continuously when the above condition is met.

CONDITIONS FOR SETTING THE DTC
- The ignition 1 voltage is less than 10 volts.
- The above condition is present for more than 1.6 seconds.

ACTION TAKEN WHEN THE DTC SETS
- The control module stores the DTC information into memory when the diagnostic runs and fails.
- The malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) will not illuminate.
- The control module records the operating conditions at the time the diagnostic fails. The control module stores this information in the Failure Records.
- The driver information center, if equipped, may display a message.

CONDITIONS FOR CLEARING THE DTC
- A current DTC Last Test Failed clears when the diagnostic runs and passes.
- A history DTC clears after 40 consecutive warm-up cycles, if no failures are reported by this or any other non-emission related diagnostic.
- Clear the DTC with a scan tool.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/grkpcopggn99obt/t-10-10.gif?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0dvcm1ar0dw71td/th-10-10.gif?dl=0

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete