Chevy

Connect one-on-one with a verified chevy mechanic who will answer your question

Dan, ASE Certified Technician

More related answers
All chevy mechanics are VERIFIED
chevy Impala: I have a 2007 Chevy Impala that just turned over
Dan, Automotive Technician
I have a 2007 Chevy Impala that just turned over 100,00 miles. 2 days ago I noticed a squeeling noise when driving my car. the noise goes away after I drive the car a few miles. all fluid levels seem … read more
Chevrolet 2007: My 2007 Chevy Impala has just started turning
BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS, Automotive Repair/Damage Investigator
My 2007 Chevy Impala has just started turning over slower. There is a hesitation and then it starts. What might the problem be?… read more
2007 chevy trailblazer: shutting..road, would turn..getting fuel.
John, MASTER AUTOMOTIVE TECHNICIAN
I have a 2007 Chevy TrailblazerLT, 4.2L. It started by just shutting off along the road, would turn over but not start. It was not getting fuel. We replaced fuel pump still nothing. Then we replaced i… read more
95 chevy impala ss: wont start, has gas, acted..starving..quit running
Chevy man
Chevy man, Mastertech
95 chevy impala ss turns over but wont start, has gas, acted like it was starving for gas be for it quit running… read more
2007 chevy impala v6 3.9 when i start it ,it runs fine but
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
2007 chevy impala v6 3.9 when i start it ,it runs fine but after about 15mins. the tractions control lite come on and the car starts to skip and a light ticking and then it has know pickup after that … read more
2007 Chevy Impala: drive my car..my car, but it wont turn..gear shift
Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Owner of LJ Auto Repair 37 years
I have a 2007 Chevy Impala. Tonight I went to drive my car, but it won't turn over, and the key is locked in the ignition. I can turn the key forward in the ignition, but there are no lights, and you … read more
I'm having issues with a Chevy 4.3l v6 in my Astro van. I
Edward
Edward, Professional at Justanswer.com
I'm having issues with a Chevy 4.3l v6 in my Astro van. I was driving along quite happily, the engine was running as good as it had done for some time. I was waiting at the traffic lights and when I tried to pull away it suddenly conked out. When I went to restart it all it would do is half turn over before locking up, kinda like the cylinders where hydraulic'ing.After I got it home I waited until everything was cold and tried to spin it over again, same problem, half a turn, lock up, half turns again, locks up. I disconnected the coil to make sure it wasn't locking up through a blown head gasket or something like that. Spun over freely. This led me to think that the timing chain must have skipped a few teeth as the ubruptness of the engine break down did seem to imply mechanical failure over electrical. I've gained access to the timing chain only to find everything where it should be. I moved on to the ignition timing and managed to get the engine to run...badly. this was achieved by retarding the igntion by something like 60 degrees! any ideas what i could be dealing with here? … read more
2005 Chevy Impala: car started overheating..wasnt working..overheat
Dennis
Dennis, Owner, Manager
I have a 2005 Chevy Impala, and the car started overheating, while I was driving it and so I tried to turn the heat on to take heat of the engine, and the heat wasn't working. So the car remained to o… read more
2002 chevy impala: the check engine light came..car started
Tim West
Tim West, Service Manager
I have a 2002 chevy impala with a 3.8 V6. I was driving and the check engine light came on and the car started running sluggishly. I took it to autozone and the said the MAF sensor went out. I replace… read more
Chevrolet Impala: I have a 2007 chevy impala just started having
Gary
Gary, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
I have a 2007 chevy impala just started having problems starting when you hit the key it pauses and then really slowly turns over and starts or won't start at all… read more
2002 chevy impala: 3.8 l going..quits..start back..sluggish..runs fine
Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
2002 chevy impala 3.8 l going along engine quits will not start back press fuel starts back sluggish smooths out runs fine then does next day… read more
2003 chevy impala: 3800 v6 engine...just fine but wont start
Davo
Davo, Master Auto Tech/manager of auto shop
I have a 2003 chevy impala. it has a 3800 v6 engine. it will turn over just fine but won't start. I just replaced the fuel filter and I can hear the fuel pump when the key is turned. what could be my … read more
Tried logging in with my $5 paid for ************ but got no
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Auto Mech / Electronics
tried logging in with my $5 paid for ************ but got no answer … read more
Question 2002 chevy impala 3.8 mpfi , car starts and runs but
hauto
hauto, Operate own repair shop
Question 2002 chevy impala 3.8 mpfi , car starts and runs but if you turn it off after running it for 10 or so minutes ,and come back and try to start , ,it it starts and dies continually, if it sets … read more
1992 chevy lumina: I was driving along and it quite running and it
BRENT T.
BRENT T., Master Technician
i have a 1992 chevy lumina ,I was driving along and it quite running and it will not start now.Im not sure where to start… read more
98 chevy suburban: the starter works, engine turns..wont run..tank
Ted G.
Ted G., Sales Manager
I have a 98 chevy suburban. Just tried to start it and the starter works, engine turns over rapidly but won't run. There is gas in the tank. There is no gas smell.… read more
2003 chevy impala: car running..light comes..several relays..clicking
Dan, High School or GED
2003 chevy impala 3400 engine car running or not batt light comes on a/c quites headlilghts flicker when not turned on several relays on both panels at each end of dash clicking alt. output 14.2 v. an… read more
Car will not turn off when in park. 2007 chevy impala. Just
Pete, Automotive Diagnostic Specialist
just trying to shift the car back and forth from drive to park … read more