Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

It goes into gear but wont move when i accelerate, The

Customer Question

It goes into gear but wont move when i accelerate
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?
Customer: The transmission is the original, It is a 2002. It goes into gear with no problem. It just wont go anywhere when i gas it
JA: What is the model of your '02 Chevy?
Customer: blazer*****
JA: Are you fixing your Blazer yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Haven't done anything with it. Just had it towed home this evening. Was trying to troubleshoot the problem. The car is my sons. Was thinking to flush the transmission fluid first. Fluid is black on dipstick
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 9 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.
I will do my best to assist you.

tell me,,

is it*****

is the transmission fluid level full?

does park hold the blazer?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
transmision fluid level is full. it is*****and yes the park holds the blazer

ok.

if this is the case,,the transmission is burnt out..i would think the low/reverse clutches are gone.

the transmission will need to be rebuilt or replaced,sorry.i dont see an easy fix for this one

thanks

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feedback ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help.