Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Shop Supervisor at County Fleet
62275574

NO NOTHING NO POWER WHEN YOU PUT THE KEY IN. BATTERY 95%

Customer Question

NO NOTHING NO POWER WHEN YOU PUT THE KEY IN. BATTERY 95% CHARGED
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: IT IS IN A NO POWER AT ALL STAGE NO LIGHTS HORN OR ANY POWER
JA: What is the model of your '95 Chevy?
Customer: IT IS A 2009 CHEVY AVALANCHE
JA: Are you fixing your Avalanche yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: NOTHING, JUST MADE SURE BATTERY WAS CHARGED
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

Good morning,

What sort of test equipment do you have? Multimeter, test light?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
test light
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

Can you test for voltage at any of the fuses in the fuse box? What we need to do is figure out where the voltage loss occurs. Try your test light on the main power lead into the fuse box first and then we'll go from there. The main power lead to the alternator is a good place to test as well. It should have solid battery voltage at the main (usually red) wire all the time.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what in laymans terms do think is causing a no power mode..........moduel short, brain
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

If you have no power to anything at all it's probably a blown megafuse or a bad battery connection.

Each item you listed, lights, horn, etc, all have their own circuit. For them all to be out at once then it has to be somewhere in the main common power feed- battery, battery connection, or one or both of the main megafuses.

Was the battery jumped or replaced recently?

Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

Disclaimer:

Thank you for the opportunity. I love helping people fix their cars and saving them money. Please keep in mind that most problems will require some diagnosis to get them sorted out. I will be here to help until you are satisfied.

If you do not plan to rate my response please let me know as soon as possible. As an expert on Just Answer I only get paid for my service here based on positive ratings from you, the customer. If you do not plan to rate, and therefore compensate me for my time, I need to focus my efforts on customers who will.

Also, JustAnswer might send a message asking if you would like to speak via phone for an additional fee. That request is automated and not generated by me. We can communicate however you feel most comfortable.