How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask GM Tech (Cam) Your Own Question
GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Category: Chevy
Satisfied Customers: 15201
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
Type Your Chevy Question Here...
GM Tech (Cam) is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

1 have a 1997 vortec 454 fuel injected and a friend is

Customer Question

1 have a 1997 vortec 454 fuel injected and a friend is selling me a 454 that has a carb, Can I take the carb off and swap my factory fuel injection system on it? I do not know the year of his 454.
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: no it is fine, the carb block has been rebuilt with cam and with adjustable rockers.
JA: What is the model of your '97 Chevy?
Customer: suburban 2500 454 transplanted into a 1994 full size Blazer.
JA: Are you fixing your Suburban yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: lost the internet for awhile sorry..
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I want to know if I can bolt on my 1997 fuel injection manifold to an older 454 block.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  kalamykid replied 11 months ago.

Can you give me the casting numbers off of the back of the block please?