Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

I broke my generator bracket and I'm trying to take off the

Customer Question

I broke my generator bracket and I'm trying to take off the old one to replace it. 2003 Chevy duramax, 6.6 diesel. there are two or three hoses attached and I'm not sure what they are. Are they part of the oil system or maybe coolant system?
JA: When was your last oil change?
Customer: 4,00 miles ago
JA: What is the model of your '03 GMC?
Customer: 2003 Chevrolet Duramax 2500 HD diesel, I almost forgot, my name is*****
JA: Are you fixing your 2500 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I'm fixing it myself. it started as a simple alternator replacing, but I broke a threaded ear to mount the alternator. Now I need to find a replacement bracket and rep[lace it.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I may have to repair the bracket as this a discontinued item and I'm have trouble finding the part in a salvage yard. Any sugestions on repairing it or finding a used one. I thought about threading a support screw into it and getting it welded. But first I need to get the old one off and I'm not sure what fluid I will run into in the hose that is attached to the bracket.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 10 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you.

i would think you are talking about the coolant hoses.

i will give you instructions on replacing the bracket...stand by

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX]

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vcjoy69e1y7qi7s/0910-duramax-Air%20Conditioning.doc?dl=0

.

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

thanks

.

www.dropbox.com/s/vcjoy69e1y7qi7s/0910-duramax-Air%20Conditioning.doc?dl=0

.

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help