Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Shop Supervisor at County Fleet
62275574

I have a 2011 Chevy Cruze-- Key stuck in the ignition trunk

Customer Question

I have a 2011 Chevy Cruze-- Key stuck in the ignition trunk wont open
JA: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?
Customer: Key is fine-- at first the car would not shift either
JA: Are you fixing your Cruze yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Can you tell me exactly what a BCM does?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: What exactly does a BCM do
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

First, the BCM is the body control module- it controls pretty much everything except for the engine it self. It allows the trunk, power windows, doors, seats, radio, etc to function.

Now, the key is stuck in the ignition? Does it seem like the car is shifting into park correctly?

Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

Disclaimer:

Thank you for the opportunity. I love helping people fix their cars and saving them money. Please keep in mind that most problems will require some diagnosis to get them sorted out. I will be here to help until you are satisfied.

If you do not plan to rate my response please let me know as soon as possible. As an expert on Just Answer I only get paid for my service here based on positive ratings from you, the customer. If you do not plan to rate, and therefore compensate me for my time, I need to focus my efforts on customers who will.

Also, JustAnswer might send a message asking if you would like to speak via phone for an additional fee. That request is automated and not generated by me. We can communicate however you feel most comfortable.

Expert:  Jared D replied 12 months ago.

Let me know if you still need help with this.

Please don't forget to rate.