TODD RUZICKA
TODD RUZICKA,
Experience:  Service Consultant at Main Motor Chevrolet
95998009

My chevy silverado 1500 gets check engine light with a

Customer Question

My chevy silverado 1500 gets check engine light with a trouble code of P0300. I have replaced distributor cap, rotor,plugs and wires. Also replaced the crankshaft position sensor. Any ideas what to look for next?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  TODD RUZICKA replied 1 year ago.

Hi and thanks for the question! Can you tell me more in regards ***** ***** it runs rough? cold start, engine hot or all the time? Is the SES (service engine soon) light on steady or flashing?

Also, were any of the spark plugs oil fouled?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The plugs were not firing well, the looked like they were getting a weak spark. The truck runs good except for I accelerate quickly, it sometime hesitates and takes too long to pick up speed. I forgot to mention I also replaced the ignition coil last month but still have the same problem

OK, good to know. The hesitation may lead us to a fuel issue. Have you checked the fuel filter? Checked for proper fuel pressure?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, thanks you, I do have a new fuel filter I have not installed yet. Is there a simple way I can test the pressure without a guage?

Unfortunately, no. A gauge is the only way to find accurate pressure. It should be approx. 55-60 psi.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, thanks I will get a guage to check the pressure and also replace the fuel filter.

Another issue that arises from time to time is sticking fuel injectors. Having them professionally cleaned can really help performance. This may also be the cause of the p0300 code if several injectors are sticking periodically. Good luck and let me know what you find if possible. I'd love to help further if needed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, Thanks. I will let you know what I find out to clear my problem

Sounds good!