Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

ABS light on. Gears not changing. Ok, Chevrolet Suburban

Customer Question
Good day. ABS light on...
Good day. ABS light on. Gears not changing.
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: Ok
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: Chevrolet Suburban 1994 model
JA: Are you fixing your Suburban yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Had a radio fitted into it and since then the ABS light came on and Gears not changing
JA: Is it just the ABS light? Or is the brake system warning light on, too?
Customer: Its just the ABS light
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks. Those are my only questions for now
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chevy
9/4/2016
Chevy Mechanic: kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech replied 1 year ago
kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech

Do you have a digital volt meter and a test light?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i do

Connect your test light to a good body ground and test each and every fuse on both sides of the fuses and see if you have 12 volts on both sides one side or no power at all with the ignition switch in the run position. Please tell me what fuses have no power and what fuses have power just to one side.

You will need to test all the fuses in both fuse boxes.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you for your help. Discovered low transmission oil. Topping up now. Sorry for inconvenience.

Low trans fluid levels will not cause the abs light to come on.

GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician