rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

My van stopped running while driving 1996 Chevy 1500

Customer Question

My van stopped running while driving 1996 Chevy 1500 conversion 5.0 litre 125.00 miles new cap rotor coil pick up sensor in dist hear fuel pump pressuring up crank won't start.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

The problem can be a loss of spark or fuel. You can check for spark at the plugs with a spark tester.
You can check fuel pressure with a gauge and both of these tools should be available to you at your
local parts store for rent or purchase.
You need to check for any stored codes in the computer with a code reader or a scan tool.
The code reader only gives the codes and definitions, where the scan tool gives you all
the needed data to diagnose the codes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Try all of that I found very little fuel in the fuel rail when I depressed the valve very little came out but I hear the pump pressuring up
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
New cap rotor spark plugs wires coil ign module all within last two weeks.crank sensor ti
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

What's the fuel pressure reading you got?

Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm just following up with you to see if you have any more questions.
Thanks, Ron