Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

I just bought the hypertech2 I put 20" rims so 31" tires on

Customer Question
my truck with a small...
I just bought the hypertech2 I put 20" rims so 31" tires on my truck with a small lift
JA: How old are the tires? And have they been a problem in the past?
Customer: I wanted to set the speedometer but now I want to up the performance some I don't know what the best settings are???? I drive fast and pull a boat once in a while
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 09 5.3 crew cab
JA: What year is your Cab?
Customer: 09
JA: Are you fixing your Cab yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I fixed the speedometer for the 31" tires I up the rpms to 6100
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chevy
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Is anyone there?
9/1/2016
Chevy Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 1 year ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

With your tool what setting are you able to change related to making power and does it have different levels of power to make.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hyper Tech 2
I upped the top speed
set the speedometer and odometer
and upped the RPM Max to 6000.What else will help me with towing power and performance.
I can change rear end gear ratio, shift intervals and shift firmness and much more...???

Are you asking what you can do with your tool or what else you can change beyond this tool to get more power?

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris

Chris (aka-Moose), Technician