Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner of a mobile diagnostics company assisting auto technicians with difficult vehicles
77480539

I have a 2004 chevy silverado 2500 6.0l. I am having a horn

Customer Question

Hi i have a 2004 chevy silverado 2500 6.0l. I am having a horn and light issue. The customer just had a brake assist module installed for his trailer. Now i have no high beam lights or horn. I have power at the horn relay and high beam light relay but i have no power at the fuses. i can activate the lights and horn at the fuse block and they operate properly. There was a bunch of corrosion under the fuse block so i cleaned that all up but no change. Any advice?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 10 months ago.

Hi there.

Not quite sure of what the problem is... did the high beams and horn become inoperative as a result of the trailer brakes module, or is this just a coincidence?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
that's why i asked you! If i answered that i would be the one getting payed. Right..or wrong? not trying to sound rude

I think you misunderstand... what I meant to ask was were the horn and lights working right before the trailer brake module was installed?

The reason I'm asking is because the horn has an independent circuit with the relay coil being grounded by the switch on the steering wheel.

I guess it'll be best if I opt out and let another expert try to help you. Please do not reply until another expert responds or the site will cycle the request back to me.

Expert:  Tool Hut replied 10 months ago.

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a independent contractor for just answer, and ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.There will probably be some equipment needed for a proper diagnosis. If you are not comfortable with this or do not have any test equipment please let me know ASAP. I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating. I am not compensated for my time until you leave a positive rating. Your rating should be based on the service you received.

there is a ground on the left side lower beside the radiator. Check the ground first.

If you flash the high beams do you get an indicator on the dash?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
i do on the dash

Which fuses do you not have power at?

Hello, I have not heard from you in a few days. Do you still need assistance? I also noticed you haven't left a rating. I have assisted in good faith and am only compensated when you leave a positive rating. Please let me know if there is anything else you need to leave a positive rating. Conversations can always continue after a rating is received.