Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

My SRS module needs reset.. 2006 Chevy Equinox LT, very

Customer Question

My SRS module needs reset..
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 2006 Chevy Equinox LT
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: very little
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: The car was not is a wreck
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

When you say it needs reset are you talking programmed or having the fault codes cleared out of it?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Continue
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Let me re post what I typed above:

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have to go. I thought you might give me some quick help.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

I can help here I just needed to know what you needed reset.

If it is programming this has to be done by a GM dealer and takes less then a half hour to do.If it is just codes that need reset or cleared out this has to be done with a compatible scan tool that will plug in and communicate with all computers in your model.If this is not what you are looking for let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete