Joshua Haynes
Joshua Haynes,
Experience:  Lead Technician/ Manager at Precision Tune Auto Care
93804480

Need to know the distributer cap to sparkplug wiring to a

Customer Question

need to know the distributer cap to sparkplug wiring to a 1995 chevy silverado with a 5.0 L v8 engine
JA: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?
Customer: i dont have a wiring diagram. i installed a new distributer cap and rotor and about 4 spark plug wires came off of the distributer and i dont know which plugs that these wires go to.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: ive tried to guess where these wires go but the engine wont start so i must have put them on the wrong plugs. have been looking on the internet for a wiring diagram.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: i think thats everything.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Joshua Haynes replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you. Give me a moment and I will look up the diagram for you

I have attached a picture of the cylinder location numbers and the distributor wiring. The distributor cap should have at least number one cylinder labeled if not all eight. You should be able to use this to figure out the correct order of the wires. Good luck buddy, and don't forget to leave a positive rating if you were pleased with my service!

Hi, this is Josh checking in to see if you were able to get the truck running correctly again. Let me know if I can do anything else for you

Hi, Josh again just looking for a progress update. If you are still in need of help, please let me know. Otherwise, please don't forget to rate my service.

Hi, it's Josh checking in for an update, I haven't heard anything from you since Tuesday. Keep me posted and please don't forget to rate me

Hi, this is Josh checking in for an update. Also a reminder to please take a moment and rate my service.