Joshua Haynes
Joshua Haynes,
Experience:  Lead Technician/ Manager at Precision Tune Auto Care
93804480

I have 2006 impala and when it rains water collects on the

Customer Question

i have 2006 impala and when it rains water collects on the front passenger floor. where is water rcoming from and How can i fix this?
JA: Are you fixing your Impala yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No. Taking it to GM dealership
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Joshua Haynes replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you. I have dealt with similar problems in the past and there are two common issues I have found on these vehicles: 1) the door seal (the rubber strip that runs around the door opening) on the passenger side can leak if it is damaged. In this case, the seal will be visibly damaged. 2) The drain for the windshield water runoff will get clogged and cause a leak inside the passenger floor board. The second scenario is the most likely and can be rather difficult to fix, but should not be very expensive as there is limited labor involved. If the drain tube is the problem, you should request that the dealership try to unclog it as opposed to replacing it as this is much, much less expensive. I hope this info helps and please don't hesitate to ask if you have any further questions! Also, please don't forget to leave a positive rating if you were pleased with my service.

Hi, did you have any other questions about this issue?

Hi, this is Josh checking in to see if you had any further questions on this issue

Hi, this is Josh again, checking in to see if you have resolved your issue. I also see that I have not been rated and would like to encourage you to please do so as this is the only way we are graded as experts. Please let me know if you are satisfied and if you are not, please let me know what I can do to help!

Hi, Josh here checking for an update on your concern...please let me know if I can help any further.