Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

I have a 2007 chevy silverado, new body type and wanted to

Customer Question
know where the throttle position...
I have a 2007 chevy silverado, new body type and wanted to know where the throttle position sensor (TPS) is located or if the TPS is a complete part of the throttle body?
JA: Does the vehicle hesitate during acceleration? Or maybe speed up suddenly when you aren't even hitting the gas?
Customer: Speed up suddenly with no gas being applied...
JA: What is the model of your '07 Chevy?
Customer: 4.8L
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, we've replaced the throttle body (carburetor) and the pedal position sensor already.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: We did a diagnostic test and states to replace the throttle position sensor...but i hear the body type change in 2007, so i have the new body silverado and wanted to make sure that the TPS exist on it and it's not part of the throttle body part.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chevy
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/16/2016
Chevy Mechanic: AMEDEE, CHEVY TECHNICIAN replied 1 year ago
AMEDEE
AMEDEE, CHEVY TECHNICIAN

Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question. YES, the TPS sensors are located in the throttle body and are only replaced when the throttle body is replaced. They cannot be serviced seperately

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
When you first turn it on, it idles fine but once when you press on the gas it will speed up and will not stop until you turn of the ignition, this is when it's in park.

If the throttle body has been replaced, this condition is most likley caused by an air or a vacuum leak. If you are getting throttle body or TPS codes even after the throttle body has been replaced, then I would check the wiring going to the throttle body.

I am glad I can help!

It has been a pleasure working with you. Please dont forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "Excellent Service" for assisting you today.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Hello! It'sCustomerfrom just answer.

I am just checking in to see if you need any further assistance?

Let me know!

Hello! It'sCustomerfrom just answer.

Let me know!

AMEDEE
AMEDEE
AMEDEE, CHEVY TECHNICIAN