GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

1998 corvette, while driving the car just dies and dash

Customer Question

1998 corvette, while driving the car just dies and dash reads traction control activated. i bump/turn the ignition switch to the right and it fires off again and i a few minutes the the same happens. The previous owner had had the switch replaced but not the key tumbler, they used the old. I checked out the tumbler can move around a bit with my finger. also not sure they warped the wire around bezel correctly . They did a lot of damage to plastic parts ;-( . he said he had a dealer do the work . very sad. So I have ordered a new switch and lock. Any information you can share , Like the proper way to wrap ignition bezel. Thanks James
JA: Has the car been stalling out?
Customer: its Sunday. Sorry . maybe you can send me a email ?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: transmission has been rebuilt as well.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 11 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.working after noon till just after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • Yes, you have been charged already.
  • Yes, I am aware of the time you asked your question and time I am responding.
  • I will be online a couple more hours after this post.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.