GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Air conditioner is not cooling like it should. It is slow

Customer Question

Air conditioner is not cooling like it should. It is slow starting to cool and stops if you turn the fan on high. When you first use it, it will cool after about a mile of driving. Stop your car and it doesn't want to cool for quite awhile, then it will start up again. It takes much longer than normal to cool down the car.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Roy replied 1 year ago.

good evening my name is ***** ***** I will assist

do you have gauges to monitor the high and low pressure readings

Roy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Expert:  Roy replied 1 year ago.

can you get a set??? in order for us to help, these pressures readings will help us diag it correctly.

you can rent a set at a parts store.

Roy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Never mind. My son would be the one for you to talk to and he isn't available.
Expert:  Roy replied 1 year ago.

I still want to help.

can you have him log in and continue with me???

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. I wish to cancel my order.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't like your answer and I don't want to talk to another mechanic and pay for something I can't use.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What a rip off.
Expert:  david craig replied 1 year ago.

If i may step in here, a manifold gauge set is mandatory to properly diagnose what is going on with all ac systems. othwerwise you are shooting in the dark. My advice to you sir is to read up on proper diagnosis before asking for help with out the proper equipment. we are here to help but we dont know your skill level or mechanical aptitude or if you have any. Have a nice evening and if you still would like assistance then I would suggest taking it to a shop that has the proper test equipment.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was under the impression that I would not be charged if I did not like the answer I was given. In my opinion I wasn't even given an answer, so I stopped the conversation and told the person no, I did not like what he was saying. I am not a he to start with and I didn't realize I would have to be talked through a procedure. I thought I would be given a possibility of what could be wrong not actual instructions. Since my credit card has already been charged for something I didn't get I guess I don't qualify for a refund or cancellation. Rest assured I will not be using your services again, nor will I give any references to anyone else.

I will put you in for a refund, but ultimately it is not up to me. I could have told you 20 things that could be wrong with your ac. were you going to waste money and change 20 different parts? good day madam