Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

2013 chevy cruze LT, 1.4. Disconnected battery to clear

Customer Question

2013 chevy cruze LT, 1.4. Disconnected battery to clear check engine light after small wiring repair from squirrel damage. he chewed off the wires for the right headlights & the exhaust cam sensor/actuator. with wires reconnected all works well. when I re-connected the battery the check engine light is gone but the information display is showing screens that were never there before, It's on metric instead of US & the selection for US is gone. There are now screens for lap times, petro or e-85 with a graph, the oil minder is gone ,etc. The cruise control "on' light is gone & the cruise setting doesn't show on the screen.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.working after noon till just after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • Yes, you have been charged already.
  • Yes, I am aware of the time you asked your question and time I am responding.
  • I will be online a couple more hours after this post.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still need help!!

Lets try another reset first.

1. Disconnect both battery cables
  2. Hold them together for 1 minute
  3. 30 minutes later reconnect them
  4. Retest and let me know these results.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a great experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will get to this either tomorrow or monday. I will get back to you then.

Super

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
last night I removed the - battery cable & jumped it to the +. left it all night. re-connected this morning & nothing changed. still can't select US, cruise works but no indicator, display shows lap time screen, battery life (as if its a hybrid), some weird graph with petro & e-85, no OAT. of course still all in metric. I see I didn't do it exactly per your instructions, did that matter? whats' next?

Next step will be to have your local dealership reprogram your instrument cluster.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
CRAP

Is there anything else you need from me? Sorry for the bad news.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris