Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

Won't turn over. New fuel pump replacement 2 weeks ago.

Customer Question
LightS work JA: Just to clarify...
Won't turn over. New fuel pump replacement 2 weeks ago. LightS work
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: Truck has full electrical working
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: O2 silverado 1500
JA: What year is your Silverado 1500?
Customer: 2002
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I want to get truck to my mechanic 5 blocks away w/o calling tow truck if possible
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Truck has 330000 miles. New fuel filter.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chevy
8/8/2016
Chevy Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 1 year ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. I’m Ron and I’ll be helping you
today.
Before we get started though, Please understand that I don't know
your skill level or tools you have to assist us. Also understand that
I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does NOT replace a
repair shop.
My goal is to make you happy and get a great rating in return for
my time. Sometimes I have to give you bad news that I know you
didn’t want to hear, so please don’t shoot the messenger.

Okay, then that's the first thing to heck is the fuel pressure with a gauge. Then check for spark at the plugs with a spark tester. One of these 2 is the culprit.

Thanks, Ron

Hi, I'm following up to see if you have any more questions.

Thanks, Ron

rpmdiag
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor