Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

There is smoke coming from the steering wheel column, the gh

Customer Question

There is smoke coming from the steering wheel column, the high beams won't switch off, that is killing my battert
JA: Have you checked the bulbs and fuses?
Customer: I have not, I am not sure how to do that
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 2006 chevy equinox
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am hoping to do this myself, I called the dealership they gave me a price of 139 to do a diagnostic check
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: The smoke is coming from the turn signal switch, I took the car to auto zone they checked the battery and said it was fine as it should be because we got is August of Last year.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you.

this does sound as if the multi-function [signal light ]switch

it has burnt out and will need to be replaced

Parts InformationOEM Part #Price

Turn Signal Switch

Turn Signal Switch

15251096 - $96.28

Includes Headlamp & Dimmer Switch.

Labor InformationSkill LevelMfg. WarrantyStandard

Replace Combination Switch

B0.0 - 0.5 hours

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX]

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zfuw83lyoas0qj1/0727-eqinox-ultifunction%20Turn%20Signal%20Switch%20Housing%20Replacement.doc?dl=0

.

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

thanks

.

www.dropbox.com/s/zfuw83lyoas0qj1/0727-eqinox-ultifunction%20Turn%20Signal%20Switch%20Housing%20Replacement.doc?dl=0

.

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feedback ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you

YOU ARE VERY WELCOME