rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

Chevrolet Express 1500: AC and blower not working

Customer Question

The AC and blower is not working on my 2004 Chevrolet Express 1500 4.3 v6.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 12 months ago.

What have you checked so far? You should check the fuses first and any related breakers or relays in the fuse box and under the hood box. Then check for power to the blower motor including grounds.If all this checks good,then you need a blower motor.

Thanks again, and please don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you need me again later on.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I fond the resistor and connector 1 pin (black wire) was melted,
I change the connector and resistor still not working.
Then I opened the climate control switches and fund the Brown wire burned out I changed the climate control panel, still not working.
I test the blower motor by hardwire it to the battery and its working also checked the fuse 40A and 10A of the ac and they are good
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 12 months ago.

Sounds like you have a major short somewhere in the car. It's possible that the blower motor shorted out causing this too.Try running separate power and ground to these components to see if they come on.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Even if the blower is working when I hard wire it to the battery still it can be defective?
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 12 months ago.

No, that would mean you have a wiring problem with power getting to the motor. You may even have a short in the wiring harness somewhere. Start checking any points that wear may occur on the harness like at door jambs etc.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I know that I have short somewhere, I think its the all ac system also I think that the compressor is not kicking it, seems like there is no power to all the ac system.
any steps what to look for?
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 12 months ago.

Only what I just suggested, we need to find it and it can be anywhere. If the car was recently in an accident, that's where I would start looking.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
The car was not in accident.