Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

I'm just trying to locate the fuel pump relay, I was reading

Customer Question

I'm just trying to locate the fuel pump relay, I was reading the starting problem on the 94 which has the LT-1 Mine is a 93 and has the iron 350 with a throttle body. My car quits intermitntly but restarts when you turn the ignition off and restart it, i have gotten to the point of just throwing parts at it randomly, the relay is next .
JA: How many miles are on the car? How old is the battery?
Customer: 216 K miles , Battery ? I bought the car at 188 k and replaced the orignial fuel pump. at that time , the battery seems fine .
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 93 Caprice Classic Wagon.
JA: What year is your Caprice Classic Wagon?
Customer: last paart I threw at it was the oil pressure sensor, seemed to work , for about a day . what ever it is seems to reset when you shutoff the ign. and then recrank it . it always starts ,,,,sofar.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Fuel cap , fuel filter, oil pressure sender,
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: The fuel pump was a Delphi , ethanol resistant , supposedly the best .
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dan replied 12 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** fuel pump relay is located near accumulator, here is a picture. If that doesn't help I'd recommend monitoring fuel pressure during problem. If good check spark while trying to start without turning key off. You need to figure out what is missing out of spark, fuel pressure, or injector pulse. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4oim48oxwcdkt64/fpr12.pdf?dl=0