Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

How do you remove the bank two knock sensor from a 2001 SS

Customer Question

how do you remove the bank two knock sensor from a 2001 monte carlo SS 3.8L?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** is a splash shield that needs to be remove to access. Here are replacement instructions, let me know if you have more questions. Thanks.

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/82ui6eva52jv4og/knock2s.pdf?dl=0

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dan,
I hadn't noticed the shield as I was looking up from the bottom between the transmission and the oil pan. Do I need to remove anything else to get to the shield? Do you then get at it from the over the tranny pan?? I may get to this tomorrow. If I do I will let you know. Otherwise it will have to wait till next weekend. THanks, I will let you know.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

No, nothing else is needed to remove heat shield. You may want to use a extension and swivel adapter to get shield bolts. Let me know how it goes, thanks.