Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I would like to purchase a 2016/17 Chevrolet Tahoe 4 wd I

Customer Question

I would like to purchase a 2016/17 Chevrolet Tahoe 4 wd I own a 2011 LTZ. I currently pull my 2011 LTZ wheels down behind my 37 ft. Motorcoach. I really like the fact that I can put the 2011 in 4w neutral, out the drive in Park and LOCK the column. Thus not having to disconnect the battery. After reading the manual on the 2016/17's you cannot do that as you have to leave it in transmission in Neutral, and leave the key in the on position and disconnect the battery.
My question is can this be "over-ridden" realizing that it would void the warranty, but can it be done with no harm to the vehicle??
Thanks for your answer.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

They are different designs and there is not any way to over-ride it in any way that will work. I had a client that we tried to figure this out on a couple of months ago and simply no way to do it.

About all you can do to make it a bit easier is to install a quick disconnect for the battery, but there is no way to do what you are wanting to do due to design and engineering differences.

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating