Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

How do you fold down the rear seat of a 2010 Chevy Impala?

Customer Question
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chevy
7/20/2016
Chevy Mechanic: Jared D, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician

If you have the long bench I don't think you can fold the rear seat down. It will only fold down if you have the split rear bench. Which model do you have?

I can send instructions for removing the entire seat if you want to try that.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't have the split rear bench. It's the LT model if I'm not mistaken. I am trying to open the trunk myself. Is there any way to do that without removing the seat? But yes please send those instructions as well

Does your model have the touch sensitive pad or the key hole? The 2010 impala had both options available.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
For the trunk? No key hole. If you talking about to open the car door, key hole as well

Here are the diagrams for removing the seat cushion and back:

So this model just has the trunk release switch and no key hole on the trunk then.

The release switch doesn't seem to be working?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm not able to find the switch. And it looks like in order for me to do that I'd have to remove the seat completed and the back of it correct?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Would I be able to put a lock and key on the trunk for this model?

It would require some custom body work, but it could be done. The police model has a lock and key. Rather than custom body work you might be able to find an old police model in a salvage yard and swap the trunk, but then the paint might not match.

Please let me know if you need additional info. Please don't forget to rate.

Jared D
Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician