Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years experience with ASE Certs
7276279

I just had the steering wheel lock mechanism replaced on my

Customer Question

I just had the steering wheel lock mechanism replaced on my 98 corvette. My clutch pedal feels different. Is there a connection?
JA: Has the clutch been slipping? Are you having any trouble shifting?
Customer: no. The pedal feels different (less resistance). Clutch has had no issues.
JA: What year is your Corvette?
Customer: 1998
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: just got it back from a dealer that was local to where the wheel locked. Had it towed and they replaced the actuator(?). Now, at the top of the clutch travel, it feels weak
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

There should be no connection with the clutch and the steering wheel lock so Im not sure why the clutch is feeling different. If the clutch is not slipping and there are no issue with the transmission going into gear then you likely do not have a problem. That being said I would return to the dealer that did the actuator and at least have them recheck there work to be sure nothing was disturbed with the clutch just to be on the safe side.