JOHN aka Eauto
JOHN aka Eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  ase tech
6149662

I have a 2013 Chevy Malibu the car runs great but the other

Customer Question

I have a 2013 Chevy Malibu the car runs great but the other day on the dashboard the ABS, BRAKE, Stabilitrak,and the power steeling lights came in at the same time, the dashboard says service Stabilitrak and service power steering I have no idea how to fix this
JA: Have you checked the power steering fluid? Will the wheel turn at all?
Customer: The wheel does turn and from my understanding my car does not need power steering fluid on the owners manual it says something that my car doesn't use power steering fluid because the engine runs on Eco tech??
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Well I'm hoping if its not too complicated I would like to fix it myself
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I think that is it like I said the car runs great it's just all those lights on the dashboard turned on at the same time
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  JOHN aka Eauto replied 1 year ago.

do you have access to a scan tool?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I do not I tried taking it to auto zone but since the check engine light was not on they said their scanner wouldn't be able to read those codes

a scan tool is required one that reads abs traction control codes.. usually only found on professional scan tools..usually shops charge one hour to diagnose