Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

Cannot eject my cds' after resetting radio, Just the radio

Customer Question
Cannot eject my cds' after...
Cannot eject my cds' after resetting radio
JA: Have you checked the fuses?
Customer: Just the radio fuse
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 05 avalanche
JA: What year is your Chevy?
Customer: 2005
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes if possible and I have removed the fuse and neg battery cable
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Not that I am aware
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chevy
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
7/16/2016
Chevy Mechanic: Don - Mo Lurch, Auto Mech / Electronics replied 1 year ago
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Auto Mech / Electronics

.
sorry for the delay............
.
Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (akaCustomer and I look forward to helping you!”
.

what do you mean by "reset"?
Is this a Factory Radio?
Was there CD's inside when you did a "reset"

was the problem there prior to reset?

.
IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating.
.
The way it works:
Once an answer is given, "you" as the customer, are expected to "RATE" the answer as you agreed to do.
.
Please do the right thing and leave a rating, using the rating system, so I may be credited for this Q&A.
.
NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.
The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed.
.
If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
.
Rating is very Important to our Service
.
.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This is a factory bose system and yes there was 6cds in the changer when I removed and replaced the fuse. Now the changer displays no disks when I press the eject button. When I pull the fuse again it will displat initialisig for a bit of time then the cd indicator disappears and there is no indication that there is any cd system until I press the eject button then it displays no disks again

thanks for the update.........

you did not post if the problem was there prior to reset?
What has happened is the Discs were in the Mechanism when you disconnected power.

The unit has to ascertain if there are any CD's inside
Once done, the Logic Circuit oks the Eject or playing of the discs
When a power down , as you did is done, sometimes the Unit can get a Voltage spike
This can make the Unit jam or the Logic Circuit freeze
I have been Repairing GM Radios for over 30 years & there is NO "reset" for these units
The problem you describe is a Logic & or Mechanism failure
Replace the Mechanism or the Unit
Repair est apprx $235.00 - 345.00 depending on Shop
Many times you can find the same Model Unit On-Line, E Bay, etc for less than Repair, but you will need Dealer to Program to vehicle
You can try disconnecting the unit for 5 minutes & reconnecting, (not battery or fuses) but this will be a temporary thing as these units do have issues

Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Auto Mech / Electronics