HDGENE
HDGENE, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  25 years Auto experience, Ford, GM, Chrysler, Asian & European
285738

I have a 2004 Chevy C5500. The oil pressure gauge shows no

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Chevy C5500. The oil pressure gauge shows no indication, yet the engine runs fine and is not burning any oil. I would like to replace the oil pressure sensor. Is that something I can do or should I take it in. I am a intermediate home car mechanic; i.e., oil change, fuel filter replacement, etc.
JA: How many miles are on the car? Have any trouble codes popped up?
Customer: 45,000. The only trouble code is for the brakes. The brake code alarms, yet the brakes work fine, and there is brake fluid.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I was hoping to fix this myself, if possible. I have not tried anything.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Hello, it is fairly simple to replace the oil pressure sensor. If this is a 6.6 diesel duramax the oil pressure sensor is located on the left rear lower section of the engine block. You would need an oil pressure switch socket to replace the switch. It would also be the same spot to hook up an oil pressure gauge to test the engine oil pressure.

Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Hello, if you need more help let me know, If I was helpful, please leave a positive rating

Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Hello, do you need more help with this concern?

Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Do you need more help with this concern?