Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

Im having coolant leaking from right behind the passenger

Customer Question
hi im having coolant leaking...
hi im having coolant leaking from right behind the passenger wheel
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chevy
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i have checked the hoses. my radiator and thermostat are brand new. the olny thing i have not replaced is the water pump and if it helps the 8th digit on my vin is 4
7/9/2016
Chevy Mechanic: Randall C, ASE Master Tech replied 1 year ago
Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Tech

Hello, I need the 8th digit of the VIN #, thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
4
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the 8th digit on vin is 4

Thanks, ***** ***** that concerns me? location of the leak, Not much behind the passenger wheel except? the AC evap drain tube, That is IT, On the 2.2 VIN # *****? the water pump is way back in that area NOT the VIN #4. Sure waterpump could be leaking and wicking that direction but we do not see this very often. So,, my thought? you have a leaking heater core, It may not be leaking on the inside on carpet just yet but is leaking enough to exit the AC drain tube located in that area. I am not there so giving my thoughts, Water pump on the VIN 4 is more to front of the car unlike the VIN F

Randall C
Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Tech