Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Auto Technician
94707146

2013 Chevy Silverado LTZ, wipers only work on gh mode, 't

Customer Question

Hi Pearl,
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 2013 Chevy Silverado LTZ, wipers only work on high mode, don't move or move slowly on other modes
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Do you know if there is power to the wiper motor?
Customer: Haven't checked fuse, there is power to motor
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, truck only has 27,000 miles but just went out of warranty on April 26, 2016 due to the 36 months expiration. Went to autozone had then check the functioning of some of the areas.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Not at the moment, trying to find my notes from when I went to autozone
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Replace the wiper motor pulse board, has resistors that control the speed of the wipers, if you only are working on high then your resistor board is bad. The wiper motor pulse board is a common part to fail causing this exact problem.

If you need more help, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, please rate at the top of the screen. We can continue to work on your question, rating does not close out your question. Remember, in some cases it can be difficult to completely diagnose or help repair your vehicle without being there, but I try to give you the best possible answer with the information that I have. Thanks Dan

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello again Dan here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means it’s no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears you’re not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. Please use the 5 star rating system at the top of the screen, it would be appreciated. If you feel the need to rate less than 3 stars, please let me know why and what I can do to help you more. I do not get compensated for my time unless you rate me.

Thanks Dan